Thursday, January 29, 2009

BROKEN AUGUST music / HORROR DOC

BROKEN AUGUST is nearing the end, people! We have our music -- by Kevin Manthei (Invader Zim) and Kevin Riepl (Gears of War) -- and I completely love it. We have locked, onlined, and color-corrected picture. Martin Carrillo (Paradise Lost: Shadows & Wings) will have a sound mix for us in the next couple of weeks and we will be done. Can't wait for the world to see this one. It's sort of deranged and not necessarily a fun thing to sit through, but it's honest and I think everyone can relate to it in some small way. We're hoping to have a premiere in Hollywood in March, along with three other Dirty Little Films projects.

HORROR DOC. This is an untitled documentary I've started. It's an attempt to figure out why we love horror movies. I'm slowly beginning to understand my own reasons for loving horror films, but I think everyone has their own take on it. The goal is to be able to cut together a 7-minute promo reel for the project in the next few months to judge the project's viability. And to see if I'm having fun directing my first documentary.